Whether you suffer from sports injuries, trauma or a degenerative condition, our combined expertise in sports medicine and orthopedics can help get you back on your feet.
We prevent, diagnose and treat any musculoskeletal condition, providing effective results and a swift but safe recovery. Our specialist teams offer minimally invasive treatment using state-of-the-art technology.
The new center serves patients of all age groups and specializes in three main areas:
Sports medicine covers a wide spectrum of care, including:
- Sports-related injuries or conditions and their treatment
- Arthroscopic orthopedic surgeries, especially shoulder, hip and knee surgeries
- Arthritis and joint preservation
- Shoulder injuries and conditions
- Knee injuries and conditions
Our sports medicine specialists help you get back to your favorite sport or activities as quickly and safely as possible. Sports medicine can also help to prevent illness and injury in active people, including professional athletes.
Degenerative joint disease and pain does not automatically mean that you need joint replacement surgery. Instead, joint preservation can help to prevent or delay joint replacement, especially in younger patients. At Bumrungrad Sports Medicine and Joints Center, we use both nonsurgical and surgical methods to preserve joints.
Persistent joint pain that interferes with daily activities.
Our specialists assess the reason for joint deterioration. Using X-ray or MRI scan, we identify whether this is due to malalignment, malrotation or a neurological problem and treat accordingly to protect the joint.
Nonsurgical options are always explored before surgery. Physical therapy is a mainstay, helping to improve mobility through exercise and strengthening specific muscle groups. Steroid injections, hyaluronic acid injections and platelet-rich plasma injections can also help by relieving pain and halting the progression of degenerative joint disease.
Surgical options may include ligament surgery like ACL or PCL reconstruction, cartilage repair surgery or osteotomy procedures which cut and reshape the bone to repair a damaged joint.
Our Hip and Knee Replacement Center provides holistic care for patients with joint disease or sports injuries and for professional athletes. Teams of highly skilled and experienced specialists are ready to help, especially in difficult and complex cases. Our medical teams have over a decade of experience and have performed more than a thousand joint replacement surgeries.
We also have teams of specialists in related fields and multi-disciplinary teams. They work together efficiently to ensure that patients receive the best care throughout the entire process, from diagnosis and nonsurgical options to surgery and rehabilitation. Our goal is to help you resume an active lifestyle and your favorite activities.
- Well-recognized of specialist teams in the field of hip and knee replacement both in Thailand and Southeast Asia, with expertise and experience in treating difficult and complex cases including complex revision surgery.
- Offering treatment and care for all those with symptoms related to joint diseases as well as athletes and those sustaining sports injuries
- Cost-effective medical care of Bumrungrad's highest standards at accessible prices
- Shoulder Clinic -- treating over-use and injury to this most flexible part of the body
- Patellofemoral Clinic – treating the most common symptom of anterior knee pain
- Women’s Sports Medicine -- supporting the needs of female athletes as research yields new insights into biomechanical, hormonal and genetic differences
- Performance Sports Medicine – optimizing sports injury prevention and treatment for professional athletes