Q&A TELEMEDICINE ON DEMAND
Q: How is treatment via Telemedicine on demand the same or different from treatment at hospital?
A: Telemedicine on demand provides consultation without a physical examination like in a hospital visit. It saves time in scheduling appointments and waiting to see a doctor. Doctors and nurses will carefully assess the patient's symptoms. The doctors then may schedule a hospital visit for the patient for further necessary medical examination if needed.
Q: Via what channels is the Telemedicine on Demand service available?
A: The service is available without the need to download any application. Patients can consult a doctor through Bumrungrad's social media platforms as follows:
Q: What preparations are needed before using the service?
A: Please fill out your personal information to register and upload your ID card or passport to verify your identity. Before getting a consultation, for privacy, it is advisable that the patients seek to be by themselves or avoid public places. In addition, for data security and a smooth service experience, it is recommended that the patients get connected to a secure internet network with a good internet connection.
Q: How can I get a medical certificate and medication?
A: After the consultation, the patient will receive a medical certificate, based on the doctor’s diagnosis of symptoms. The certificate can be in electronic or hard copy format as preferred. The hospital will record patient history data in the most secure electronic medical record system. In the case where there’s a prescription, the medicine will be delivered to the patient's stated address. Once the delivery is made, the hospital’s pharmacist will then contact the patient to explain and advise the patient on use of the medication.
Q: Will the information recorded in Telemedicine on Demand system be linked to existing information at the hospital?
A: The patient history will be linked and recorded in Bumrungrad International Hospital's electronic medical record system. Consultation information is securely protected in accordance with the Hospital Administration policies and the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562, with only authorized personnel of Bumrungrad Hospital having access to the information.
Q: How does the medicine delivery service work and is there a pharmacist to advise on use of medication?
Q: How can I pay?
- For patients requiring medicine on the same day of consultation, delivery of the medicine is made by InterExpress Logistic or the hospital's couriers or allied transport service providers from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- For next-day delivery of the medicine, deliveries are made by InterExpress Logistic or the hospital's allied transport service providers.
- To maintain the effectiveness of the delivered drugs, all medications are delivered temperature controlled. Medicine chilled at 2-8°C can be delivered under specified standards.
- Once the delivery is made, the hospital’s pharmacists will call the patients to advise on use of the medication and precautions. If you have any questions about medication, please contact the Drug Information Center at tel. +662-011-3399 or +662-066-8888.
A: We accept online payments by credit card. Verifications will be made through a secure online payment gateway. The system only supports payments made by the service recipients. In the case where health insurance is involved, the system requires that payment be made in full first. After that, the hospital will prepare documents for reimbursement of medical expenses from the insurance company for you following the coverage stipulated in your insurance plan.
Q: What languages does Telemedicine on Demand support?
A: We realize that there may be language barriers when consulting a doctor who does not speak your language. Thus, to ensure that patients receive accurate information, we provide interpretation services in several languages, including Amharic ,Arabic, Bengali, Myanmar, Chinese (simplify), French ,Japanese, and Khmer
Q: How can I get more information?
A: For more information, please call +662-011 4844
, +662-011 4833
, +662-011 4899
or contact us by Email: [email protected]
Q : Service information ?
Q : Can I use health insurance?
- The cost of a telemedicine on demand is 1,500 baht per 15 minutes.
- The same-day medication delivery fee by messenger for Bangkok Metropolitan Region is 370 baht
- The nationwide postal delivery fee for medication is 220 baht.
- The delivery fee for medication requiring transportation in a controlled environment is 555 THB.
A : Yes, many health insurance plans cover telemedicine consultations. Please check with your insurance provider to see if telemedicine consultations are covered.