With digestive diseases becoming increasingly common, more and more people are at risk of developing serious complications if not treated; issues such as reflux disease, dyspepsia, constipation, diarrhea, hepatitis, and gastrointestinal and liver cancer can occur at every age.
Bumrungrad’s Digestive Disease Center in Bangkok, Thailand
brings together nearly 20 specialists in the following areas:
- Gastroenterology: A medical specialty that focuses on the digestive system (esophagus, stomach, small intestines and colon). Includes pediatric gastroenterology.
- Hepatology: A medical specialty that focuses on the liver and associated organs (gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, and biliary tree).
- Diagnostic Endoscopy: Investigative examinations that look inside the body through an endoscope (a long, flexible tube usually with a camera on the end) to find out what the source of a problem might be.
- Therapeutic Endoscopy: Going inside the body with an endoscope to treat a problem.
In addition to our multidisciplinary team to treat all abnormalities of the gastrointestinal tract, Bumrungrad's Digestive Disease Center has 2 specialty clinics:
- IBD clinic: IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) is a condition of chronic of inflammation of the mucosal lining of the intestine or bowel. IBD can be ulcerative colitis (UC) or Crohn's disease (CD). We offer a full range of service from diagnosis to treatment programs, and also the follow-up care.
- Colorectal Surgery Clinic: We specialize in the treatment and diagnosis of colorectal diseases in order to repair damage of the colon, rectum, and anus.
Conditions We Treat
Bumrungrad doctors and staff have years of experience treating many kinds of digestive diseases. Below is a list of some of the more common issues we see in the Center:
- Serichantalergs O, Ruekit S, Pandey P, Anuras S, Mason C, Bodhidatta L, Swierczewski B. Incidence of Campylobacter concisus and C. ureolyticus in traveler's diarrhea cases and asymptomatic controls in Nepal and Thailand. Gut Pathog. 2017;9:47. (PMID: 28824712)
- Tanapanpanit O, Kanngurn S, Pongpirul K. Frantz’s Tumour, Solid Pseudopapillary Epithelial Neoplasm (SPEN). BMJ Case Rep. 2016. (PMID: 27993827)
- Permpoon V, Pongpirul K, Anuras S. Ethnic variations in ulcerative colitis: Experience of an international hospital in Thailand. World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther. 2016;7(3):428-33. (PMID: 27602244)
- Tanapanpanit O, Pongpirul K. Colonic single-stripe sign. BMJ Case Rep. 2015;2015. (PMID: 26385913)
- Permpoon V, Pongpirul K, Sooparb S, Anuras S. Potential Renal Protective Effect of Telbivudine in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection Compared to Other Antivirals. ASN Kidney Week; November 13-16, 2014; Philadelphia, PA, USA.
Dr. Mingmuang Worawattanakul
Medicine, Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Pediatrics (Children), General Pediatrics
Pediatrics (Children), Pediatric Gastroenterology (Digestive System)