With digestive diseases becoming increasingly common, more and more people are at risk of developing serious complications if not treated; issues such as reflux disease, dyspepsia, constipation, diarrhea, hepatitis, and gastrointestinal and liver cancer can occur at every age.
Bumrungrad’s Digestive Disease Center in Bangkok, Thailand
brings together nearly 20 specialists in the following areas:
- Gastroenterology: A medical specialty that focuses on the digestive system (esophagus, stomach, small intestines and colon). Includes pediatric gastroenterology.
- Hepatology: A medical specialty that focuses on the liver and associated organs (gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, and biliary tree).
- Diagnostic Endoscopy: Investigative examinations that look inside the body through an endoscope (a long, flexible tube usually with a camera on the end) to find out what the source of a problem might be.
- Therapeutic Endoscopy: Going inside the body with an endoscope to treat a problem.
In addition to our multidisciplinary team to treat all abnormalities of the gastrointestinal tract, Bumrungrad's Digestive Disease Center has 2 specialty clinics
- IBD clinic: IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) is a condition of chronic of inflammation of the mucosal lining of the intestine or bowel. IBD can be ulcerative colitis (UC) or Crohn's disease (CD). We offer a full range of service from diagnosis to treatment programs, and also the follow-up care.
- Colorectal Surgery Clinic: We specialize in the treatment and diagnosis of colorectal diseases in order to repair damage of the colon, rectum, and anus.
Conditions We Treat
Bumrungrad doctors and staff have years of experience treating many kinds of digestive diseases. Below is a list of some of the more common issues we see in the Center:
|Alcoholic Liver Disease
||GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
|Cancer of digestive system
|Changes in bowel habits
||Inflammatory bowel disease
|Cirrhosis of the Liver
||IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
||Non –alcoholic Liver Disease
||PUD (Peptic Ulcer Disease)
|Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
||Swallowing difficulties (Dysphagia)
Sunday through Friday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Digestive Disease (G-I) Center
Bumrungrad International, 2nd floor, North Wing
Main Lobby escalators to the 2nd floor, turn left
33 Sukhumvit 3 (Soi Nana Nua), Wattana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 2667 1555
Fax: +66 (0) 2667 2915