The Women’s Center at Bumrungrad International has a team of specialists ready to offer consultations and advice, and provide answers to any of your questions. This is to ensure that you feel confident and secure throughout your entire pregnancy and after your child’s birth.
- We will help devise a pregnancy plan, which includes health check-ups and vaccinations, as well as help in preparing you prior to conception
- We offer advice and treatment for couples having difficulty conceiving — for more information, please contact the Fertility Center and IVF Clinic
- Antenatal care, breastfeeding advice, how to prepare for parenthood (as well as family planning counseling)
- Complimentary antenatal classes for patients receiving antenatal care at the hospital
- Genetic testing to screen for potential pregnancy or fetal complications including chromosomal abnormalities, with the NIPT test
- Screening and care for high-risk pregnancies
- Advice on choosing the most suitable delivery option based on each individual patient’s needs
- Child delivery of the highest quality standards, utilizing modern, state-of the art equipment
- Childbirth packages at Bumrungrad standards
- The leading Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides the highest standard of care for all newborns
Bumrungrad encourages mothers to breastfeed for the first six months. Our specialist nurses offer:
- Advice on how to prepare for breastfeeding
- Advice on breast complications including, for example, engorgement and cracked nipples during pregnancy
- Assistance and advice for breastfeeding difficulties
- Advice on breast problems after delivery such as plugged milk ducts, swollen breasts, breast and nipple pain
- Advice on inadequate breastmilk supply
- Advice on infant not suckling/feeding and not latching properly
- Advice on any other breastfeeding related issues
If the physician determines that the pregnancy is high-risk — meaning that there may be complications during the pregnancy that pose a health risk to the mother or unborn child — they will refer the parents to a neonatal specialist. Bumrungrad International has a Perinatal Center and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). We are able to treat pregnancies with complications, such as gestational diabetes, high blood pressure or preeclampsia
, and a history of premature birth or low birth weight, among others.
Treatment and care of all high-risk pregnancies involves close collaboration with an obstetrician, a maternal fetal medicine specialist, and a neonatologist.