- A special device used to expand the vaginal cavity should be inserted under the supervision of a doctor once the post-surgery protective gauze has been removed as this will prevent stenosis and ensure sufficient depth.
- A sanitary pad should be used as there may still be some bleeding for the week following surgery.
- Hormonal therapy should be re-initiated around 1 month after surgery. Dosage adjustment is necessary thus consultation with an endocrinologist/specialist is advised.
- Sexual intercourse is possible once the wound has healed, which usually takes approximately 6-8 weeks.
- Patients should rest for around 3–5 weeks. Healing process is likely to fully complete after approximately 6 months.
Sex reassignment is categorized as one of major and complex surgical procedures, meaning that high levels of training and experience are required to perform successfully. Pride Clinic has a team of professionals specializing in a comprehensive range of associated fields, working alongside one another to share knowledge and expertise to ensure the diverse needs of their patients are effectively met.
To find out more information, please contact: