- Urethral stricture, urethral leakage, incomplete emptying, hairs growing inside the urethra, or urine flowing from the bladder back into the kidney or ureter.
- Flap failure
- Lack of sensation in the neophallus or the neophallus being unsuitable for intercourse
- Donor site morbidity
- Infection, scarring, wounds not healing, and post-surgery bleeding
- There may be scarring at the donor site.
- Redo procedures may be necessary to ensure best results.
Both procedures have their own potential benefits and drawbacks, so it is essential that patients consult their doctor to ensure they fully understand what these are before deciding on a technique. They should also inform the doctor of what they are looking to achieve, so they can advise them on which surgery could provide them with the results they are hoping for, as well as its potential impacts on the patient’s physicality thereafter.
Pride Clinic at Bumrungrad Hospital offers gender affirmation procedures performed by experienced surgeons with high levels of expertise in the field, who help their patients achieve their own unique objectives in the safest manner possible. Our team consists of surgeons specializing in the field of gender affirmation working alongside experts in various other related fields to ensure our patients receive the care and attention they deserve.
To find out more details, please contact: