Who should take this screening test and will get maximum benefits
- Heavy smokers, whose age is 55 years or above, who smoke 2o cigarettes per day for the past 30 years constantly or 4o cigarettes per day for the past 15 years constantly, including the ones who quitted smoking for less than 15 years.
- Having been exposed to a harmful environment for a long period, especially where Asbestos is present.
- Having a record of chronic lung diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or chronic bronchitis.
People who does not meet the criteria in above group, but probable gains benefits from LDCT screening
- Having a family member who smokes.
- Having a family member who suffered from lung cancer.
*** Must be 40 years old or above and no record of any cancer.