The heart of our Pulmonary Center in Bangkok, Thailand is the specialists from recognized Thai, American and British institutes. These specialists are very experienced in the examination, diagnosis, and treatment of all pulmonary and respiratory system diseases. Rehabilitation and consultation services are also provided to enhance patients’ quality of life during treatment and after. Physicians and staff work as a unified team for the best treatment results.
Abnormal symptoms of lung and respiratory system
Difficulty in breathing, coughing, chest pain and discolored or bloody phlegm are indications of lung and respiratory system abnormalities. The Bumrungrad Pulmonary Center offers treatment of diseases such as:
- Common lung diseases
- COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Lung cancer, metastatic cancers of the lungs (cancers that developed in other parts of the lung), mesothelioma
- Lung infection, e.g. tuberculosis, pneumonia, bronchitis, fungal infection
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Pulmonary embolism and pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Lung flukes and other lung worms
- Snoring and apnea
- Occupational Lung Diseases
- Heavy metal lung diseases, e.g. aluminosis
- Occupational asthma
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Allergic respiratory disease and environmental lung diseases
Pulmonary Centre is well equipped with medical instruments and technologies for the diagnosis and assessment of disease severity.
- Chest x-ray
- CT scan
- Low-dose computerized tomography – It is a technology that use low radiation dose and can generate a three-dimensional images with high resolution.
- PET/CT scan – It is a radiological test used to evaluate the stage of lung cancer. A sugar is injected into bloodstream. When cancers cell take up the sugar, it can be seen more obviously than the normal cells
- Ventilation-perfusion scan
- Pulmonary function testing
- Bronchial challenge testing (Methacholine challenge)
- Sleep test – It is used to diagnosis and evaluate the severity of sleep disorders, e.g. snoring, difficulty in breathing, and apnea
The treatment options depend on the symptoms and conditions the patient has. Examples of treatment options are:
||Surgery, Radiotherapy (radiation therapy and brachytherapy), Targeted therapy, Chemotherapy
Interstitial lung diseases
Steroid treatment or other medication
Obstructive respiratory disease e.g. asthma, COPD
Medications such as bronchodilators, steroids, or antihistamines
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
At Bumrungrad, Pulmonary Center works with Rehabilitation Center
in order to improve lung function including a therapy, before and after lung surgery to reduce pain and enable the patients to have a normal daily life.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday-Sunday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Pulmonary (Lung) Center
Bumrungrad International Clinic (BIC), 15th floor., Bangkok, Thailand.