You will need to recover at home for 1-2 weeks. If you have any questions, please talk to your doctor or medical team.
· Activity. Avoid activities that involve pulling or pushing, lifting heavy objects, and other strenuous activity for at least 1-2 weeks as these can affect the incision. Avoid sexual intercourse until the incision is healed.
· Wound Care. When your doctor allows you to bathe, shower daily with soap. Dry the surgical wound well and keep it clean. Don’t apply any creams, lotions, or powders to the incision until it is fully healed and appears like normal skin. Please contact your doctor if the wound is inflamed or swollen, if the pain is worsening, or if the wound is leaking fluid or blood.
· Diet. Your diet should be restricted in accordance to existing medical conditions. Eat healthily to promote wound healing.
· Medication. If you are prescribed antibiotics, please take them until you finish them. Please take all medication as prescribed by your doctor.
· Exercise. Avoid exercising for at least 1 week.
· Appointments. Please keep all follow-up appointments so your wound can be monitored and stitches removed. If you experience any abnormal symptoms, such as fever, difficulty breathing, worsening fatigue, etc., please see your doctor before the scheduled appointment.