There are many treatment options for varicose veins, depending on their location and severity.
· You may begin by making certain lifestyle modifications, such as exercising, losing weight, avoiding tight clothing, elevating your legs, and not standing or sitting for long periods.
· Compression stockings may be worn to help veins and leg muscles move blood more efficiently.
· Sclerotherapy involves the injection of a solution to scar and close small- and medium-sized veins. It does not require anesthesia and is quite effective.
· Laser can also be used to close off smaller varicose veins. No incisions or needles are required.
· Vein stripping involves removing a long vein through small incisions.
· Very advanced cases with leg ulcers may require vein surgery.