Why is pharmacogenomic testing important?
- To assess risks of drug hypersensitivity reactions
- To evaluate the personalized drug response
- To select the effective drug precisely
- To minimize adverse drug reactions
This test analyzes sequence of 11 genes related to drug hypersensitivity and drug metabolism
For example CYP2C19 gene is associated to Clopidogrel, HLA-A and HLA-B genes are associated with severe cutaneous adverse reactions to Abacavir, Allopurinol, Carbamazepine, Sulfamethoxazole Trimethoprim, Dapsone
This test can predict drugs-induced severe cutaneous adverse reactions as below
- Sulfamethoxazole Trimethoprim
The test is suitable for
- People who take drugs or are planning to start taking drugs
- People who have underlying disease and take many drugs e.g. children, elderly
- People who want to know the prediction of drug response for planning drug treatment in the future
Term & Conditions
- This package is valid from now through 31 December 2021
- Include post counseling by clinical pharmacist but excludes doctor’s fee and the cost of any additional services
- Bumrungrad International reserves the right to refuse refunds
- Packages may not be combined with any other offers, discounts, or promotions
- Please contact Preventive Genomics and Family Check-up Services to make an appointment in advance.
(Call 02-011-4890-1 to make an appointment Daily 8:00 -18:00)
- Please bring your current medication list when you visit the hospital.
- This package is not covered or discounted by contract companies, insurance companies and other privileges.
Do not eat, drink (except for plain water), smoke, brush your teeth or chew gum for one hour before collecting the buccal sample