The Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Clinic is a specialized unit within the Neurology Center at Bumrungrad International Hospital. The Clinic offers a full range of diagnostic services and medical treatments for patients with Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders.
The Clinic’s team of specialist physicians and professional support staff provide individualized treatment tailored to each patient’s unique situation, to ensure the best possible results.
The Clinic offers comprehensive clinical care for patients with:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Shaking disorders
- Torsion disorders including wry neck and torsion of the body, hands or feet
- Spasms, including facial spasms and eye blinking
- Walking and balance disorders
- Movement disorders due to medications or systemic conditions
- Repetitive movements and tics
- Other movement disorders.
- Patient and family history review and screening for diagnostic investigation purposes
- Physical examination and diagnostic testing
- Individualized clinical care programs encompassing medication, botulinum toxin injection and/or surgery, as indicated
- Counseling and assistance for impact on quality of life and adjustments in day-to-day activities, nutrition and exercise
- Social and recreational activities
- Building a network of patients with Parkinson’s disease and related movement disorders for mutual support activities
- Counseling and support services for family members and caretakers.
Specialized Multidisciplinary Team
Bumrungrad’s Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Clinic is staffed by a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals with extensive experience caring for patients with Parkinson's disease and movement-related disorders.
The medical team includes:
- Rehabilitation Medicine Physicians
- Clinical Nurse Specialists