For payment, Bumrungrad International hospital accepts:
- Wire Transfer: Must be done 5 business days in advance to verify receipt. Please contact your local referral office or the hospital for additional details on wire transfers.
- Credit Card / Debit Card: You can pay at the hospital with credit cards/debit cards using any of the following international payment networks: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club International, JCB and China UnionPay (CUP). See more information below for secure online credit/debit card payment procedure.
- E-payment: For use with VISA and MasterCard payment networks)
Please note: If you are having in-patient medical services, you will be required to pay a deposit for your medical treatment. The standard deposit is 100% of the estimated procedure cost.
Secure Online Credit Card / Debit Card Procedure
Bumrungrad International has a secure online system for credit card payments. Patients or their relatives can pay through the Bumrungrad website. The link to the webpage is given out by our email response team (email@example.com). Please contact the team to obtain your online payment link.
Please be aware that the link is time sensitive to further protect your transaction – the link will expire after 2 days.
Please pay promptly after receiving the link to avoid having to contact the email team
again for a new link.
Non-Accepted Payment Methods
Bumrungrad does not accept:
- Traveler’s Checks
- Non-Thai Debit Cards (Exception: Non-Thai debit cards can be used if they use one of the systems listed above - AND have a sufficient limit to make the payments required. Please direct any specific questions to an appropriate Bumrungrad representative.)
There are banking services available through a Bangkok Bank branch on the hospital campus.
If you intend to use insurance to pay for your medical treatment, please be aware of the following:
- Normally, private insurance DOES NOT cover cosmetic surgery or medical procedures deemed ‘elective’, especially if you are traveling overseas for treatment. Read your policy carefully to see if your medical expenses are reimbursable.
- If your insurer agrees to pay for treatment, it will need to supply you with a letter of guarantee (to give to the hospital), detailing the terms and conditions of coverage.
- If Bumrungrad International has an established agreement with your insurer, then payment conditions will be determined by that agreement. If not, you will be asked to pay for treatment first and then submit a claim to your insurer for reimbursement.
- Packages and Promotions: These are not available for patients who are using insurance to pay for their procedures. Package and promotional pricing is available only to those patients that self-pay for their procedures.
If you would like to see what insurance Bumrungrad accepts, please see our "Insurance: What do we accept?