Occupational Therapy Packages to Encourage Better Childhood Development
The period from birth through 6 years old is the most critical period of growth — for physical and mental development, as well as emotional and social skills.
Parents can bring their child/children to meet with our experienced and specialized occupational therapists for a consultation. Our occupational therapists will design and create activities that promote a range of integrated child development programs to promote body movement, intelligence, and emotional wellbeing. This also includes the treatment and rehabilitation for children with developmental delays that need special care.
1. Screenings and evaluations for proper childhood development
2. Treatment and rehabilitation for children with developmental delays that require special attention, including:
Assessment of Childhood Development
- Children who do not reach their developmental milestones by the expected timeline; for example, a 6-month-old baby who cannot raise his/her head upright fully, a 9-month-old baby who cannot sit up properly, or a one-year-old child who cannot stand up by himself/herself
- Children who have a neurological disorder, neuromuscular disorder such as cerebral palsy or muscular dystrophy
- Children who show intellectual and learning difficulties
- Children who are having problems in communication, including verbal speech (expressive language disorder) or who are using language that sounds immature for their age
Our occupational therapists have been specially trained and certified to conduct The DENVER II (The Denver Developmental Screen Test: 2), which is a test to assess developmental problems in young children. This screening test is the standard tool to assess the early childhood development from infants to six-year-olds, including children who are at risk for developmental delays, such as preterm infants, children with Down syndrome, and autistic children. Additionally, our therapists specialize in evaluating behavioral problems, muscular abnormality, and other complex developmental problems.
Childhood Development Programs
Our occupational therapists use their knowledge and experience to design and conduct activities to promote and stimulate childhood development. These activities are designed with the goal of providing individualized care, so that each child’s unique personal needs are met. Therapy sessions are conducted in a fun, safe, enriching environment, so that children and parents can feel safe and comfortable.
- Activities to encourage gross motor skills such as lifting the head, sitting, climbing, and body balancing for children with developmental delays
- Activities for fine motor development such as grabbing and hand-eye coordination for children with muscular abnormalities
- Activities for promoting language acquisition for children with cognitive difficulties, as well as tackling speech and language use that is immature for their age
- Activities for the development of emotional and social skills, including self-reliance skills in daily life If you suspect that developmental delays are present, please consult a therapist immediately. The sooner the diagnosis, the better chances of achieving the desired outcome.
Term & Conditions
- Each sessions lasts 50-60 minutes
- Price excludes medical consultation and medication
- Promotion is valid through 31 December 2020
- Service is available through 31 December 2020
- Service is provided at Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Center, 4th floor, South Wing, Bumrungrad International Hospital (BIH) Building
- Please schedule an appointment in advance by calling 02 011 2449