Weight loss exercise program
Obesity, or being overweight, is defined by the World Health Organization as an overall increase of fat accumulation. A body mass index (BMI) over 25 kg/m2 for the Westerners or 23 kg/m2 for the Thais is considered overweight. Another related condition is abdominal obesity. A quick and easy test for this is to measure your waist circumference ; over 100cm for males and 88cm for females. For Thais it is 90cm and 80cm respectively.
Being overweight and obesity are closely linked to numerous health conditions, such as cardiovascular disease, strokes, diabetes, hypertension, certain cancers, bone and joint ailments, etc. Taking control of your weight is therefore taking control of the risk factors for many other diseases too.
The goal in treating obese patients is to reach a more suitable weight through the changing of personal habits, in particular diet and exercise.
Exercise for weight loss
The weight loss exercise program includes advice and exercise regimens that are designed around the needs of the individual patient. This is particularly suited to patients with other pre-existing conditions, such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, knee pain, back pain, and for patients who are inexperienced in physical exercise.
The personalized exercise regimens are designed by expert physiotherapists for optimum effectiveness and safety to the patient.
The program includes a preliminary assessment of physical ability, and an exercise regimen comprises of aerobics and muscle strengthening to increase metabolism. Home exercise program will also be provided for patients to continue their journey to good health.
Prior to the session you should
- Take your medication as normal.
- Get enough rest.
- Do not skip meals, but please allow at least two hours after heavy meal.
- Wear suitable unrestrictive clothing and sports shoes.
Terms & Conditions:
- The patient should see their physician for a physical examination and treatment planning beforehand.
- A session takes approximately 50-60 minutes each at the Physiotherapy Department, 3rd floor.
- Package available from today till 31 December 2021 as outpatient service only.
- This is a fixed-price package. No corporate discounts, insurance discounts, or any other discounts may be applied.
- Please make an appointment prior to each visit. For more information, please contact 02 011 2559