Weight management package
Obesity is a serious medical problem associated with increased morbidity and mortality. Studies have shown that obesity is likely to shorten life expectancy. Obese patients are at an increased risk by 2-3 folds compares to normal weight people for developing numerous systemic medical problems as outlined below.
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes type II
- High Cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Fatty liver
- Polycystic ovary syndrome and infertility in women
- Testosterone deficiency in men
- Degenerative arthritis
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Acid reflux
Weight reduction should be considered among people who are at risk to develop these chronic illness.
Obesity is defined by BMI (Body Mass Index) which calculates by a formula as:
BMI = Weight (kg)/Height (meter)2
BMI of 23-24.9 kg/m2 defined as "Overweight"
BMI of 25 kg/m2 or greater defined as "Obesity"
People with obesity should consider having weight management under supervision to assure the likelihood of long term success and safety. Our weight management program is led by a highly experienced team of
- Nutrition specialist
- Gastroenterologist specializing in Endoscopic BariatricTherapy
- Bariatric surgeon
- Physical therapist
- Psycho therapist
- You may fasting for 12 hours prior to the blood test. Youmay drink a half glass of plain water.
- Please avoid alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours before the test.
- You may take your blood pressure medication as normal.
- Avoid intense exercise 8 hours prior to the test.
- If you are pacemaker or suspecting that you are pregnant, do not take the Body composition
- Please arrive 2 hours before the appointment time for blood test and body composition.
- Lipid profile
- Thyroid Panel
- Free T 4
- TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
- 25-OH Vitamin D, Total
- Uric Acid
- Body Composition Analysis
Everyday 8.00-18.00 pm.
Saturday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Bumrungrad International Clinic (BIC) Building, 19th floor
Contact Information 02 066 8888
Terms and conditions :
- Services are available at the Diabetes Care Center, 19th floor of the BIC Building, or at other OPD clinics run by medically trained staff.
- The package only includes the screening processes detailed above.
- The promotional price cannot be used in conjunction with insurance partner company claims, including discounts offered by those companies and any other special privileges.
- This price is only available until 30 June 2021.
- Please make an advance appointment by calling 02-066-8888