Urea Breath Test Package (H. pylori infection test)
An H. pylori intestinal bacterial infection is often the cause of stomach ulcers and stomach cancer. It is also the leading cause of gastritis and small intestine infection. The urea breath test is used to detect Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), a type of bacteria that may infect the stomach and is a main cause of ulcers in both the stomach and duodenum.
Those recommended to take the test:
- People experiencing symptoms associated with ulcers including abdominal bloating, excess gas, indigestion, or loss of appetite
- People with a history of peptic ulcers
- Those with a family history of gastrointestinal cancer
- People who take aspirin or NSAIDS regularly as these can weaken the lining of the stomach
- No radiation.
- Safe for children and pregnant women.
- Assesses the rate of growth of bacteria.
- High accuracy in monitoring and managing treatment results.
- Excellent sensitivity and specificity.
Preparing for the Procedure
- Avoid antibiotics and bismuth subsalicylate for at least 4 weeks before the test.
- Avoid sulcralfate (Ulsanic®) for at least 2 weeks before the test.
- Avoid proton pump inhibitors (PPI) for at least 2 weeks before the test:
- 3.1 Omeprazole (Losec®)
- 3.2 Esomeprazole (Nexium®)
- 3.3 Rabeprazole (Pariet®)
- 3.4 Pantoprazole (Controloc®)
- 3.5 Lansoprazole (Prevacid®)
- 3.6 Dex-lansoprozole(Dexilant)
- Avoid Potassium-Competitive Acid Blockers (P-CABs) e.g. Vonoprazan (Vocinti®) for at least 5 days before the test.
- Avoid food and drink for at least 4 hours before the test.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and beverages that contain urea, such as sugarcane juice and pineapple juice, for at least 4 hours before the test.
- Avoid smoking for at least 4 hours before the test as smoke in the lungs can interfere with the measurement of carbon dioxide.
Terms and conditions :
- Package inclusive of hospital fees and nurse fees
- Package excludes doctor fees and costs for any further tests, treatments, or medications recommended by the doctor based on test results
- Service is valid through 31 March 2021
- Package valid through 31 March 2021
- This package may not be combined with any other offers, discounts, corporate partner discounts, or promotions.