Swallowing training program 5 visits
People who suffer from dysphagia are at a high risk of respiratory tract complications (such as infection and airway blockage) caused by food or water accidentally entering the lungs. Dysphagia also often to result in chronic dehydration and malnutrition. If left untreated, dysphagia tends to get worse or causes more undesirable side effects, resulting in lengthening the overall treatment times. Dysphagia sufferers should therefore seek treatment as soon as possible. Treatment methods vary according to the symptoms experienced by each individual. This will be taken into account by the physician in order to design and customised a treatment plan.
Common causes of dysphagia
- Neurological causes, such as strokes, Parkinson’s disease, or dementia.
- Physiological causes, such as tumors or tissue growths in the neck or head area, or history of surgery/radiotherapy in the throat or mouth area.
The dysphagia treatment program involves five sessions with occupational therapists who specialize in treating dysphagia, and will entail a range of techniques and measures tailored specifically to the individual patient. The patient’s food and drink habits will be assessed, and swallowing techniques will be given accordingly. The patient will also receive an exercise regimen designed to strengthen muscles and nerves involved, posture correction, and eating and drinking utensils that are especially useful to dysphagia patients.
- Swallowing training program 5 sessions
- Outpatient services fee
Physical Therapy Department
- Doctor's fee and the cost of additional diagnostic tests or
any further treatment fees
- Extra equipment such as Vital stim / Rephagia biofeedback
- Medications and medical supplies
4th Floor, Bumrungrad Building B
8.00-17.00 (BKK Time)
Hot line tel. +662 011 2449
Terms & Conditions:
- Prior to joining the program, we recommend a consultation with your physician or please contact the Physical Therapy Center for more information.
- Swallowing training program can be used at Occupational Therapy / Physical Therapy Department 4th floor, Building B.
- Please make an appointment in advance at Occupational Therapy Department tel. 02-0112449
- This package may not be combined with any other offers, discounts, corporate partner discounts, insurance discounts, or promotions.
- This package applies to the OPD case only and non-refundable.
- Prices are valid until 31 December 2022
- The service is available 365 days from the date of purchase.