Skin Prick Test for Aero-allergens (Inhalants)
Aeroallergens are various airborne substances or inhalants that can cause allergic disorders. Major indoor aeroallergens are derived from dust mites, cockroaches, fungi and animal skin, urine and saliva. The most common sources of outdoor allergens are tree pollen, grass pollen and molds. Many people who have allergies are allergic to more than one allergen, so you could have both indoor and outdoor allergy triggers.
Cause of Aeroallergies (Inhalants)
- Genetics The risk of children developing allergies is increased if other family members have allergies, including asthma, allergic rhinitis or/and atopic dermatitis. If there is a family history of both parents having the allergy, there is an even higher chance than if only one parent is affected.
- Environment This is a very important risk factor. These allergens enter our bodies via inhalation, touch or consumption. This includes:
- house dust mites
- animal skin, urine and saliva
- tree pollen
- grass pollen
then it's will make you have signs or symptoms of allergies for example skin rashes, running nose, stuffy nose, or shortness of breath.
What does allergy look like?
Aero allergies (Inhalants) occur when the immune system overreacts to aeroallergens Aeroallergens often cause respiratory allergies, including allergic rhinitis and asthma. This is caused by exposure to allergens for a long time or in large quantities. Both outdoor and indoor aeroallergens sensitize, exacerbate allergic rhinitis and asthma; the most common symptoms for both types of allergies include:
- Running nose
- Itchy eyes
- Stuffy nose
- Scratchy throat
- Shortness of breath
- Wheezing sound
- Limitation of activity
- Asthma exacerbation
Patients should see an allergy specialist who can diagnose the allergy and identify the allergens with a skin prick test or a blood test. The key to Aero-allergies is identifying the causes and triggers so that they can be avoided.
Patients must abstain from anti-allergy medications for at least 7 days before the test and there is no rash on the day of the test.
Term & Conditions
- It can only be used in specific programs. Can not be changed or in conjunction with other promotions.
- Tests can be performed in children who co-operate in the test (children at least 5 years old) and adults
- This price is reserved for Thais and foreigners reseding in Thailand only.
- Hospital reserves the right to change the terms, conditions and prices without prior notice.
- This price is valid until 31 December 2022 (prices are subject to change without prior notice).
- The service is available 365 days from the date of purchase.