Intraocular lens cataract surgery (1 side)
Age is the biggest factor behind the onset of cataracts. Despite them having been found in people of all ages, cataracts are most common among the elderly.
Factors associated with the rapid onset of cataracts include:
- Prolonged exposure of the eyes to ultraviolet rays
- Eye disorders, such as uveitis and eye infections
- Health conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure and thyroid abnormalities
- Past accidents that affected the eyes or the repetitive exposure of the eyes to activities that include impact
- Congenital abnormalities, such as infants being born to mothers who suffered a rubella infection during pregnancy
- The use of steroid-based drugs
Symptoms of cataracts :
- Blurred vision/impaired vision with no accompanying pain, especially prevalent when in bright conditions, but which almost returns to normal in low-light settings.
- Distorted vision resulting from imbalanced lens opacity, which causes a refraction in the light beams reaching the optic nerve.
- Seeing diffused and flashing lights, particularly when driving at night.
- Frequently needing to change prescriptions of eyeglasses, as well as noticing improvements in short-sightedness or not needing to wear eyeglasses when looking at nearby objects.
- A white spot visible at the center of the patient’s pupil.
8.00-20.00 (BKK Time)
Hot line tel. +662 011 3886
20.00-8.00 (BKK Time)
Contact center +662 066 8888 and 1378
Daily 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Outside these hours
Please contact the Emergency Department (24 hours a day)
Bumrungrad International Clinic (BIC) Building, 18th Floor
Terms and conditions :
- Price includes doctor fee, hospital fees, and nursing fees involved with surgery
- Price includes special equipment fees, such as the intraocular lens transplanted into the patient’s eye (only applicable to the procedure outlined in this package)
- This package can only be used in the outpatient department. Cases requiring admission will incur with additional charges
- Price is valid from now through 31 December 2021
- Services are available from now through 31 December 2021
- Package may not be combined with any other offers, discounts, corporate partner discounts, or promotions, and may not be used with insurance
- Price does not include any doctor fees or other fees associated with consultations and screening necessary prior to surgery
- Price does not include any additional and/or unexpected fees that may occur over and above those stated in this package, such as medication and medical supply fees, and any other additional screening charges (where applicable)
- Price is subject to change without prior notice
- Surgeons will be solely responsible for deciding whether the package is appropriate for patients on a case by case basis