Men's Cancer and Genetics Screening
There may be abnormalities that are resulted from your genes
The Cancer Screening analyzes sequence of 61 genes related to inherited cancers.
- BRCA2 gene is related to prostate cancer
- APC gene is related to colon cancer, etc.
This test can predict the risk for 10 different inherited cancers as below
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Cutaneous melanoma
- Gastric cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Renal cell cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Uterine cancer
The test is suitable for
- Individuals have a family or personal history as follows:
- Cancer at age younger than 50 years old
- Multiple cancers in one person
- Family member with cancer one or more relatives with these 10 cancers
- Breast Cancer in Male
- Confirmed inherited cancer in your family
2. For healthy adults without a personal or family history of cancer who are interested to know their personal risk for having genetic cancer.
For instruction, please see detail
Preparing to undergo the program
For genetic sample collection
- Please do not consume food or drinks except plain water for at least 12 hours prior to beginning your program
- Please refrain from alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to beginning your program.
1. Do not eat, drink (including water), smoke, chew gum, or brush your teeth for 60 minutes prior to collecting your sample.
For colon screening with colonoscopy, patients are required to:
For ultrasound whole abdomen
- Refrain from eating vegetables, fruits, or other high-fiber foods for 1-2 days.
- The doctor may also have you take a laxative to clear your intestines prior to your screening
- Refrain from taking antithrombotic medications for 3-7 days prior to screening (depending on the dosage and type of medication). Based on doctor's recommendations.
The abdominal ultrasound requires a full bladder for best results. Plenty of water to drink will be provided.
- Physical Examination
- Consultation by Geneticist
- Consultation by Clinical Pharmacist
- Clinical Nurse Cordinator Genetic and Genomic Consultation
- Genetics Test
- Cancer genes screening 61 genes
- Drug genes screening
- Tumor Markers
- Colon Screening
- Lung cancer screening (Low dose CT lung)
- Ultrasound whole abdomen
- Ultrasound upper abdomen
- Ultrasound lower abdomen
- The package price does not include the cost of additional diagnostic tests or any further treatment fees if an abnormality(s) is detected.
- The package price does not include anesthesia, for medically medicated colon screening. The additional charge for anesthesia is approximately 10,000 THB.
- If during the colonoscopy the doctor believes there may be abnormal tissue, a sample will be sent to pathology. The additional charge is approximately 35,000 THB.
For any inquiries regarding the programs, please call our at 02-011-4890
or [email protected]
Term & Conditions :
- Receive services at Preventive Genomics and Family Check-up Services on 3rd floor, Bumrungrad International Hospital (BIH) Building.
- Please make an appointment prior to arrival for services.
- For more information please call: 02-011-4890, 02-011-4891 or email [email protected]
- The genetic results will be available approximately 30 calendar days after the sample is received.
- The package cannot combine with any other offer, discount, or promotion.
- The package is valid from today until 31 December 2021.