Bumrungrad hospital offers breast cancer screening test service by using a digital mammogram and breast ultrasound for the early detection of breast cancer before the symptoms begin.
Digital mammography is a more technologically advanced form of mammography. It is quicker, more comfortable and gives the doctor better images with higher resolution than traditional X-ray based mammography.
Breast ultrasound is a type of imaging that uses sound waves to create pictures of the inside of the breast. Breast ultrasound can capture images of areas of the breast that may be difficult to see with mammography.
Who should take this screening test
- Women 40 and older should have an annual mammogram for breast cancer screening.
- Women who are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
Preparation before mammogram examination
- Do not wear deodorant, talcum powder or lotion under axillary area or on your breasts on the day of the exam. These can interfere the mammogram result.
- If you have done the previous mammograms from others location, please obtain your prior mammograms to the radiologist at the time of the current exam. This is needed for comparison with your current exam.
- Scheduling your appointment a week after your period is generally the best time.
- Radiologist’s Fee.
- Diagnostic Radiology and Radiotherapy including mammogram and breast ultrasound.
- Medical supplies are necessary for mammogram and breast ultrasound procedures.
- Outpatient services.
- Doctor’s fee of expenses incurred of other treatments.
- Expenses incurred not included in the package.
- Take-home medicines and medical devices
Radiology-Diagnostic & Ultrasound center
Bumrungrad International Hospital (BIH) Building, 2nd floor,
South Wing of Main Building
or 02 066 8888
Term & Conditions :
- This package applies to the OPD case only
- This package applies to the self-pay or insurance payment.(If insurance company accept this package price conditions.)
- Price includes the mammogram and breast ultrasound screening test and Radiologist’s Fee.
- Price excludes outpatient services, doctor’s fee of expenses incurred of other treatments and expenses incurred not included in the package.
- This package is non-refundable in all conditions.
- Please schedule an appointment in advance by calling 1378
- The service is available from today until 31 December 2020.