What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of clear, removable, custom made aligners used to straighten teeth. The treatment is individually planned for each patient on a computer and the sets of aligners are designed with the digital treatment planning tool called Clincheck®. You can preview the final result of your treatment in a 3D video simulation. You can discuss all aspects of the plan and even suggest changes with your dentist in regards to aligning your teeth in an esthetic and functional manner. Compared to conventional fixed braces with brackets and wires, Invisalign's clear aligners are much less noticeable. The clear aligners gradually move your teeth into better alignment and good occlusal position, resulting in harmonized biting patterns between the upper and lower teeth. Chewing and eating during Invisalign is more normal when compared regular braces as well.
Advantages of Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign Dual Comprehensive (Mandible & Maxilla)
- Since Invisalign aligners are barely visible, you can confidently attend functions and events while wearing your Invisalign clear aligners. They are virtually invisible, allowing you to show your happy smile without the messy look of the brackets and wires. Hardly anyone will notice you are having your teeth straightened.
- Invisalign clear aligners are removable. The aligners are made with Invisalign's flexible SmartTrack® material allowing for easy removal and placement. This gives you have the freedom to eat, chew and drink whatever you like during treatment.
- Invisalign clear aligners are more comfortable the SmartStage® and SmartForce®. They effectively and accurately move the teeth slowly and more gently in to the final locations your dentist has planned. Slow and gradual movement over time risks less damage to the teeth, gums and bone.
Invisalign is suitable even for an active lifestyle since there are less physical irritation to your mouth when compared to conventional bonded metal brackets and wires that may irritate your cheek and lips. With Invisalign, you can participate in contact sports or play wind instruments while wearing the aligners or remove them during those activities.
- Decreased number of visits to your dentist. Orthodontics with removable devices can increase the time between visits and thus decrease the frequency of visits to the dentist to only every 6-8 weeks or less than that. Conventional fixed braces with bracket and wires requires dentist visits every 3-4 weeks.
- A more accurate estimation of your treatment duration. Get straighter teeth more comfortably and predictably with Invisalign's digital treatment planning tools. Digital treatment planning allows you to what your teeth will look like during each step of treatment and at the end of treatment. Because the program simulates the entire treatment from start to finish, it gives you a more accurate calculation of the time needed to safely move your teeth into positions that give you a beautiful and functional smile. With Invisalign treatment you may have visible results in the early months of treatment.
- Oral Health. Invisalign clear aligners are removable, making brushing and flossing your teeth to maintain your oral health during treatment no different than normal. With the older technology of brackets and wires bonded to your teeth, it is more difficult to clean the teeth and gums. If you are unable to keep the teeth and gums clean adequately, you may get tooth decay (also called cavities or caries), inflamed gums (gingivitis), and bad breath (halitosis).
is suitable for correction of complex problems.
Preparation before Invisalign
- X-rays and photographs As part of the evaluation, x-rays and photographs of your face and mouth are made for a comprehensive diagnosis of all dental problems including abnormalites of the roots of the teeth. The data is also used to create an individualized and appropriate treatment plan. If any conditions are identified during the exam that require attention before Invisalign can start, your orthodontist may refer you to another dentist to be treated accordingly.
- Getting your mouth healthy for Invisalign The dentist will perform a comprehensive examination. All problems, such as infection, inflammation, tooth decay and gum inflammation must be treated before Invisalign can start. You may need a teeth cleaning, sometimes a simple scaling or prophylaxis. If you have gum disease or it has been years since your last teeth cleaning, you may need a deep cleaning (root planing) with a gum disease specialist (Periodontist). Any tooth decay must be treated appropriately, such as by dental filling or in some cases by root canal, core (build-up or post) and crown. Making sure that your mouth is free from cavities, infection and inflammation will help prevent problems or complications during and after Invisalign.
- During the consultation, you and your dentist will have a conversation regarding your treatment desires and needs. Once your orthodontist has confirmed you are ready for treatment, they will make photos, x-rays and digital scans, and/or dental impressions of your teeth. These records will be used to create a digital 3D treatment plan just for you.
- Your orthodontist uses Invisalign's ClinCheck® software to create a customizable set of 3D images and videos depicting your step-by-step treatment plan. The techniques needed to straighten your teeth are based on the positions, size and relationships of your teeth and jaw bones and your treatment needs and desires. The time required to safely straighten your teeth and the number of sets of aligners needed is determined by your orthodontist. The patient cannot determine the number of aligners needed.
- Meet your orthodontist to get fitted for your Invisalign aligners. When you receive your first set of aligners, your orthodontist will clearly explain how to use and care for the aligners. The hospital will prepare subsequent sets of aligners according to your individualized schedule of appointments with the orthodontist.
Term & Conditions
- Once you have agreed to the plan, a 100% deposit of the estimated price is required prior to performing any procedures. The time required to safely straighten your teeth and the number of sets of aligners needed is individually determined by your orthodontist. The patient cannot choose the number of aligners.
- If the patient wants to stop, delay or cancel treatment, there is may be a cancellation fee.
- Service available at Dental Center Bumrungrad International Hospital (BIH) Building, South Wing Main Lobby escalators to the 3rd floor, turn right to the end of the hallway
- This Price are valid until 30 June 2022 (prices are subject to change without prior notice)
- Prelase appointment prior at 02-066-8888, Call 1378