Why is genetics important to my health?
Genetic testing for hereditary cancers is a proactive health check up that predicts the risk for certain cancers. if detected early, may have effective medical interventions and preventive measures may be recommend and may even save individual's life from being afflicted by cancers
The Cancer Screening analyzes sequence of 61 genes related to inherited cancers.
For example BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes are related to breast cancer and ovarian cancer
APC gene is related to colon cancer, etc.
This test can predict the risk for 10 different inherited cancers as below
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Cutaneous melanoma
- Gastric cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Renal cell cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Uterine cancer
The test is suitable for
1. Individuals have a family or personal history as follows:
- Cancer at age younger than 50 years old
- Multiple cancers in one person
- Family member with cancer one or more relatives with these 10 cancers
- Breast Cancer in Male
- Confirmed inherited cancer in your family
2. For healthy adults without a personal or family history of cancer who are interested to know their personal risk for having genetic cancer.
For any inquiries regarding the programs, please call our at 065-929-8320 or [email protected]
Term & Conditions
- This price is valid until 31 December 2020
- Receive services via telemedicine or at Preventive Genomics and Family Check-up Services on 3rd floor, Bumrungrad International Hospital (BIH) Building
- Making appointment or asking for more information please call +6665-929-8320 or email [email protected]
- Collect samples for analysis from saliva using a test kit sent directly to your home.
- You can eat and drink as normal before sample collection.
- The result will be available around 20 calendar days after the sample is received.
- The package price does not include the cost of additional diagnostic tests or any further treatment fees if the abnormality is detected.
- The package cannot combine with any other offer, discount, or promotion
Do not eat, drink (including water), smoke, chew gum, or brush your teeth for 30 minutes prior to collecting your sample.