Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Screening Package
Why perform a gastroscopy?
Gastroscopies allow a visual inspection of the upper gastro-intestinal (GI) tract, including the esophagus, stomach and first part of the small intestine to
- investigate, for example gastrointestinal bleeding, unexplained weight loss, abdominal pain, difficulty or painful swallowing, reflux, heartburn and tumors
- diagnose, for example stomach ulcers, reflux diseases, coeliac disease, or cancers
- treat, for example GI-bleeding, removal of growths tissues or foreign objects
How is a gastroscopy performed?
Gastroscopy is the endoscopic examination of the upper GI tract.
Patients have to refrain from eating for drinking eight hours before the procedure to ensure an empty stomach. A sedative and local anesthetic is given prior to the procedure, where the endoscope, a thin flexible tube, with a light source and camera is inserted into the throat while swallowing. The procedure usually takes less than 15 minutes and can be done as an out-patient procedure.
Who would benefit most from gastroscopies?
Gastroscopies are indicated for above mentioned investigative, diagnostic or therapeutic measures.
Prior to going in for a colonoscopy, patients are required to:
- Refrain from eating after midnight the night before (except plain water)
- Refrain from taking antithrombotic medications for 3-7 days prior to your screening (depending on the dosage and type of medication)
Digestive Disease (GI) Center
2nd floor, Bumrungrad International Hospital (BIH) Building
Please schedule an appointment in advance by calling 02 011 2167
Terms and conditions:
- Package includes doctor’s fee for the endoscopic screening
- Service is valid until 31 December 2021
- Package excludes costs and fees for any further tests, treatments, or medications recommended by the doctor based on test results
- Package excludes hospital fees and medical supply fees not part of this package
- Doctors will be assigned; patients may not request a specific doctor
- Package cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts
- Bumrungrad reserves the right to refuse a refund for this program should the doctor find it unsuitable or unsafe for you based on your current medical condition or medical history.