Child Development Screening Program
Child development screening
The very first six years of life are a crucial period of growth for any child physically, mentally, emotionally, as well as in terms of social skills. Each stage of development sees the child going through various changes. It is important that children are properly screened by child development experts who are able to accurately identify any matters of concern early on. This can be a highly delicate process that will have profound ramifications for the child’s development; the specificity and breadth of the screening tools are thus extremely important. Not only can they alert parents to any latent issues that can be nipped in the bud, they can also allay any unfounded fears. The ultimate goal is to provide parents with as much information as possible so that the child can experience optimal conditions for physical, emotional, mental, and social development for their age.
The child development screening program
The Pediatrics Center and Occupational Therapy Department at Bumrungrad International Hospital stand ready to provide your child with the best health and developmental screening by our pediatric physicians and occupational therapists with a deep understanding of child development. Using the Denver Developmental Screening Test II, a comprehensive four-facet screening test for children aged 0-6 years, we monitor and assess their gross motor, fine motor-adaptive, language, and personal-social skills.
If any developmental delays are found, the pediatrician will recommend further tests to pinpoint the causes. The occupational therapists can design a program to augment your child’s developmental progress.
This program is suitable for
- Children up to six years of age, or children whose parents would like to undergo a developmental assessment.
- Children with risk factors such as premature birth, difficult birth, or were born with unusually low weight (less than 2.2 kg).
- Twins and triplets.
Terms & Conditions
- Please call to make an appointment at 02-0112449 prior to each consultation.
- Please ensure that your child can attend both the physician’s appointment and developmental therapy session on the same day.
- One appointment with a pediatrician will be at the Pediatric Center, 17th Floor, Building A.
- One developmental screening session (45 minutes) with an occupational therapist will be at the Physiotherapy Center, 4th Floor, Building B.
- The services are available until 31 December 2021