Cryoablation destroys non-cancerous breast tumors (fibroadenomas) by freezing them at below -170°C, the temperature at which tumor cells die.
How cryoablation works
Cryoablation destroys non-cancerous breast tumors (fibroadenomas) by freezing them at below -170°C, the temperature at which tumor cells die. A needle as small as 3 mm in diameter injects liquid nitrogen through the tip of needle which is inserted through the skin and into the tissue to be removed. The tumor quickly freezes causing the cells to die. Ultrasound is utilized during the procedure to clearly locate the tumor and monitor the size of the ice ball. Patients are left with a small scar of only 3 mm.
Who performs the procedure?
The procedure will be led by a surgeon specializing in breast surgery working with a multidisciplinary team of doctors.
Who is cryoablation recommended for?
- Over the age of 18 who have been diagnosed with fibroadenoma with a core needle biopsy
- With a lump in the breast that is painful or palpitates
- With a tumor 1-4 cm in size that can be pinpointed by ultrasound
- With a tumor that grew by 20% during the last six months as identified during the last check-up
- Who have multiple tumors but don’t want multiple surgeries and scars
- Who have no prior history of breast cancer
- Who are not pregnant
- With tumors that are not close to the skin
- With no serious illnesses
What are the advantages of cryoablation?
Cryoablation is a non-invasive surgery, and therefore has many benefits:
- Only local anesthesia is required
- Scar is small, only 3 mm in length
- Less painful than other procedures
- There is no need to stay overnight in hospital
- Recovery is quick
- The breast maintains its shape because there is no damage to normal breast tissue
- Ultrasound-Guided Cryoablation of Breast Fibroadenoma
- Equipment and medicine for treatment
- Doctor fee for treatment
- Pain relief medicine after treatment
- Follow up (1 time)
Esperance The Integrative Cancer Clinic
- Doctor consultation fee
- Doctor fee, laboratories and treatment in case you need further investigation and treatment.
- Hospital fees and medical supply which is not in a part of this package.
11th Floor, C Building (BI Tower)
Tel: 02 011 5888
Term & Conditions
- This service can be used at Esperance Integrative Cancer Clinic 11th Floor, Bumrungrad Building C
- This package may not be used in collaboration with corporate partner or under insurance direct billing agreements. Moreover, it may not be combined with any other offers, discounts, corporate partner discounts, or promotions.
- This offer is package price, if you cannot receive some treatments, Esperance reserves the right to deny the refund.
- Terms, conditions, and prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- Package exclude doctor fee, laboratories and treatment in case you need further investigation and treatment.
- Package excludes hospital fees and medical supply which is not in a part of this package.
- Please make an appointment in advance. Tel 02-011-5888 or [email protected]
- Promotion package prices are valid until 30 December 2021
(Only for the first 20 cases) (Regular Price 200,000 baht)
- The services are available until 30 December 2021