Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography (coronary CTA)
Coronary artery disease refers to a condition caused by the coronary arteries being blocked or stenosed.
Coronary artery disease is the result of a buildup of plaque around the interior wall of the arteries, causing the lining of the arteries to thicken and become stenosed. When this happens, the heart can’t pump as much oxygenated blood as required. Over time, if a patient develops coronary artery disease, his or her blood vessels will no longer be able to supply sufficient oxygenated blood to the heart muscle, which can lead to sudden and severe chest pains or heart attack.
Patients who should undergo Coronary CTA are:
1. Patients who have the following risk factors of coronary artery disease
- People who have a history of coronary artery disease within their family
2. Patients who are suspected of having coronary artery disease
- Having chest pain
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) or exercise stress test (EST) cannot clearly identify the abnormalities.
This procedure is not suitable for:
Patients need to make an appointment with a cardiologist to evaluate current symptoms or cardiac risk factors, and to determine the appropriateness and safety of coronary CTA before doing the test.
- Persons during pregnancy or planning for pregnancy.
- Severe asthma
- Renal parenchymal disease with high creatinine level or chronic renal failure with/without hemodialysis.
- A history of severe allergy to seafood or contrast medium from x-ray examination
Preparing to undergo the program
- Please do not consume food or drinks except plain water for at least 4 hours prior to beginning the exam.
- Please refrain from alcohol drinks and caffeinated drinks such as coffee and tea before testing
- Avoid Viagra or other Nitric oxide derivatives 24 hrs before testing.
- Avoid heavy exercise 12 hrs before testing.
- Doctor’s fee (Pre-counselling and result interpretation)
- Diagnostic service of Coronary CTA
- General contrast media used for Coronary CTA
- Blood test for Renal function test
- Outpatient service and nursing services
- Doctor’s fee of expenses incurred of other treatments.
- Special contrast medias
- Expenses incurred not included in the package.
- Take-home medicines and medical supplies
Heart (Cardiology) Center
14th Floor, Bumrungrad International Clinic (BIC) Building.
Please call 02-0113491
at 8:00 – 18:00 and 1378 at 18:00 – 8:00
E-mail : [email protected]
Daily 07:00 - 20:00 hrs
Terms and conditions:
- Patients need to make an appointment with a cardiologist to evaluate current symptoms or cardiac risk factors, and to determine the appropriateness and safety of coronary CTA before doing the test.
- Patients who have had a history of coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG), and need to evalaute after surgery. The additional charge is approximately 5,000 THB.
- In case of patient with chronic kidney disease or renal insufficiently and doctor order the special contrast media, the additional charge is approximately 3,600 THB.
- Making appointment or asking for more information
please call 02-0113491 , 065-509-9198 at 8:00 - 20:00 and 1378 at 20:00 - 8:00
or E-mail : [email protected]
- This package applies to the OPD case only.
- Prices are valid until 31 December 2022
- The service is available 365 days from the date of purchase.