Colonoscopy Screening Package
Why perform a colonoscopy?
Colonoscopies allow an investigative tool that allows visual inspection of the large intestine to screen for any abnormality, such as polyps and bleeding, or possible carcinogenesis at the initial stage.
How is a colonoscopy performed?
Colonoscopy is the endoscopic examination of the large intestine.
After completely emptying the colon, the patient usually receives a sedative and is placed on the side. The doctor inserts the endoscope, a long, thin and flexible tube that has a tiny video camera and light at its tip, which allows the surgeon to safely advance the endoscope and examine the inside of the colon. Endoscopes also allow the insertion of instruments to collect biopsies of suspicious tissues, or remove polyps.
Who would benefit most from regular colonoscopies?
- Persons aged 45 years and over
- Persons with family history of colorectal cancer
- Having suspicious symptoms/signs of colorectal cancer such as frequently alternating diarrhea and constipation, acute diarrhea in elderly patients, chronic abdominal discomfort, intestinal obstruction, gastrointestinal hemorrhage, unexplained weight loss, etc.
Prior to going in for a colonoscopy, patients are required to:
- Refrain from eating vegetables, fruits, or other high-fiber foods for 1-2 days
- Refrain from eating after midnight the night before (except plain water). The doctor may also have you take a laxative to clear your intestines prior to your screening
- Refrain from taking antithrombotic mediations for 3-7 days prior to your screening (depending on the dosage and type of medication)
Digestive Disease (GI) Center
2nd floor, Bumrungrad International Hospital (BIH) Building
Please schedule an appointment in advance by calling 02 011 2167
Terms and conditions:
- Package includes doctor’s fee for the endoscopic screening, OPD Facility and Nursing services
- Package prices are valid until 31 October 2020
- Service is valid until 31 December 2020
- Package excludes costs and fees for doctor’s consultation and any further tests, treatments, or medications recommended by the doctor based on test results
- Doctors will be assigned; patients may not request a specific doctor
- Package cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts
- Bumrungrad reserves the right to refuse a refund for this program should the doctor find it unsuitable or unsafe for you based on your current medical condition or medical history