Cardiovascular and Genetics Health Screening
Why is genetics important to my health?
Genetic testing for inherited heart condition is a proactive health check up that predicts the risk for certain heart diseases. If detected early, may have effective medical interventions and preventive measures may be recommend and may even save individual's life from being afflicted by heart diseases
The heart screening analyzes sequence of 77 genes related to inherited heart diseases as below
- Inherited Aortopathies
- Inherited Arrhythmias
- Inherited Cardiomyopathies
- Genetic forms of high cholesterol (severe)
The test is suitable for
1. Individuals have a family or personal history as follows:
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Exercise-induced Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Heart disease at the young age
- Unexplained sudden death
- Aortic Aneurysm or Aortic Dissection
2. For healthy adults without a personal or family history of heart diseases who are interested to know their personal risk for having genetic heart disease.
For instruction, please see detail in this link
Preparing to undergo the program
For genetic sample collection
- Please do not consume food or drinks except plain water for at least 12 hours prior to beginning your program.
- Please refrain from alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to beginning your program.
- Please inform the nurse in advance if you are currently receiving treatment or taking medication(s) for an existing condition(s) or if you have a history of chest pain or breathing difficulty.
Do not eat, drink (including water), smoke, chew gum, or brush your teeth for 60 minutes prior to collecting your sample.
- Physical Examination
- Consultation by Geneticist
- Consultation by Clinical Pharmacist
- Clinical Nurse Cordinator Genetic and Genomic Consultation
- Genetics Test
- Heart genes screening 77 genes
- Drug genes screening
- Blood Test
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Fasting Blood Sugar
- Hb A1 C
- Lipid Fats Profile
- Cholesterol, HDL and Triglyceride
- Cholesterol/HDL ratio
- LDL Cholesterol
- Kidney Function Panel
- Liver Function Panel
- SGOT (AST) and SGPT (ALT)
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP)
- Total Bilirubin, Albumin, Globulin
- Direct bilirubin, Total protein
- Gamma GT (GGT)
- Hepatitis B and C
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Cardiac CT for Calcium Scoring
- Carotid Doppler ultrasound
- Abdomen Aorta Doppler ultrasound
- Ankle Brachial Index
- The package price does not include the cost of additional diagnostic tests or any further treatment fees if an abnormality(s) is detected.
For any inquiries regarding the programs, please call our at 02-011-4890, 02-011-4891 or [email protected]
Term & Conditions :
- Receive services at Preventive Genomics and Family Check-up Services on 3rd floor, Bumrungrad International Hospital (BIH) Building.
- Please make an appointment prior to arrival for services.
- For more information please call: 02-011-4890, 02-011-4891 or email [email protected]
- The genetic results will be available approximately 30 calendar days after the sample is received.
- The package cannot combine with any other offer, discount, or promotion.
- The package is valid from today until 31 December 2021.