SARS-CoV-2 Real-time RT-PCR
Currently, the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak has spread across the world and the World Health Organization (WHO) has characterized COVID-19 as a pandemic (WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic on 11 March 2020). By applying Real-time fluorescense quantitative RT-PCR technology, this test utilizes the ORF1ab and the specific conserved seqeunce of coding nucleocapsid protein N gene as the target regions to achieve detection of sample RNA virus in nasopahryngeal swab and throat swab from suspected pnuemonia cases with COVID-19 infection.
Detectable result indicates that novel coronavirus-2019 RNA is detected in this patient's specimen.
Undetectable result indicates that novel coronavirus-2019 RNA is not detected in this patient's specimen. it might be affect from disease stage, specimen collection. please check correlation between result and clinical sign of patient.
- Manual Guide, Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Nucleic Acid Diagnostic Kit
- Gralinski, L. E., Menachery V. D. (2020). Return of the Coronavirus: 2019-nCoV, Viruses, 12(2): 135.
- Lu, H. (2020). Drug treatment options for the 2019-new coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Biosci Trends,
- Kan, B., Wang M., Jing H., Xu H., Jiang X., et al. (2005). Molecular evolution analysis and geographic investigation of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-like virus in palm civets at an animal market and on farms, J Virol, 79(18): 11892-900.
- Azhar, E. I., El-Kafrawy S. A., Farraj S. A., Hassan A. M., Al-Saeed M. S., et al. (2014). Evidence for camel-to-human transmission of MERS coronavirus, N Engl J Med, 370(26): 2499-505.
- Wu, P., Hao X., Lau E. H. Y., Wong J. Y., Leung K. S. M., et al. (2020). Real-time tentative assessment of the epidemiological characteristics of novel coronavirus infections in Wuhan, China, as at 22 January 2020, Euro Surveill, 25(3):pii=2000044. https://doi. org/10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2020.25.3.2000044
- Corman, V. M., Landt O., Kaiser M., Molenkamp R., Meijer A., et al. (2020). Detection of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) by real-time RT-PCR, Euro Surveill,;25(3):pii=2000045.
- 8. https://www.mayocliniclabs.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/608825 ((Retrieved 12 May 2020)