· Assisted reproductive technology (ART) is not available for women who test positive for HIV
. ART is available for men who test positive for HIV if his viral load is less than 50 copies.
· Egg and sperm donations will only be available for couples who have medical indications. Bumrungrad International Hospital’s Ethical Committee must approve the process before treatment may begin.
· Sperm donations are available at Bumrungrad. However, before donating sperm, the donor must pass a screening test.
· Egg donations are available at Bumrungrad. But, women who would like to donate eggs must have legal marriage status, the official marriage certificate, and pass the screening test.
· Fertility treatment at Bumrungrad does not provide an embryo’s gender selection service. However, we will select the best embryo for the patient.
· Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) or Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) will be provided dependent upon fertility indications (frequent miscarriage, women aged over 35 years, failure of IVF 2-3 times).
- On the day of screening, if an abnormality is found, it may be discussed. If the abnormality can be fixed, it must be done before fertility treatment may begin.
- Recommended date of visit for IUI or IVF treatments is first or second day of period.