Mental health conditions are something that we should all be aware of. Besides affecting the way we work or the way we learn, mental health conditions that are left untreated can lead to much more serious disorders — which can also affect those close to us. Certain forms of mental conditions, such as excessive stress, can also play a part in causing physical health disorders including, for example, high blood pressure, stomach disorders, and chronic migraines.
The Behavioral Health Center at Bumrungrad Hospital offers advice and effective courses in treatment for a variety of mental health conditions. All treatments are carried out by our team of psychologists, psychiatrists, neurologists, and specialized nurses, whom are highly experienced in providing care and treatment.
Mental health conditions are caused by the following 2 main factors:
- External Factors – These could include family disputes, relationship issues, work-related problems, economic matters, or the loss of a family member, all of which can lead to depression and stress, especially when two or more of these conditions occur simultaneously.
- Internal Factors – Such factors may be a mental condition, brain injury, alcoholism, or a chemical imbalance which could lead to stress, depression, or anxiety.
The doctor will usually begin by reviewing the patient’s medical history alongside observing the patient’s general behavior during the initial diagnostic process. In cases in which the patient is not able to comprehend or explain their condition, the doctor may apply a psychological questionnaire. Additionally, if the doctor suspects that the mental disorder is the result of neurological disorder, a supplementary neurological assessment may be carried out.
Mental health conditions can be complicated and difficult to comprehend. For this reason, the doctor will generally select the most appropriate treatment after careful consideration and analysis of each individual patient’s specific symptoms and mental state. Treatment usually comes in the form of psychotherapy alongside general consultations that involve asking questions and listening to the patient’s responses. The doctor will offer advice and comfort to their patients during this time. In some cases, the doctor may turn to cognitive behavioral therapy which involves the doctor with the patient in addition to providing them with assignments to be completed at home to help them make positive adjustments to their behavior and mindset. Some patients may also be prescribed with antidepressant medication. In such cases, the patient will usually also be required to attend psychotherapy sessions.
Our services include a complete range of treatments regarding the numerous forms of mental health conditions and their accompanying symptoms.
The conditions that we treat include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Severe mood swings
- Alcohol and drug addiction
- Various other conditions, such as familial disputes, relationship issues, adjustment difficulties, mood swings, and adolescence-related problems