kami sedang dalam proses menerjemahkan konten
Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand is one of the few Thai health providers offering Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy using world class technology.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a treatment in which a patient breathes 100% oxygen intermittently while inside a treatment chamber at an atmospheric pressure greater than normal sea level.
HBOT immediately increases the amount of oxygen in your blood. This helps all the functions of your body that require oxygen. Increased oxygen levels can even be used to fight off infections and inflammations since it improves the function of our white blood cells.
HBOT is a non-invasive, painless course of treatment used for various conditions and illnesses. It allows patients to breathe pure oxygen under increased air pressure, with a typical treatment lasting 60-90 minutes. The number of sessions needed depends on the purpose of the treatment.
The Hyperbaric Oxygen Committee of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) has approved treatment for these conditions:
- Air or gas embolism
- Carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation / Carbon monoxide complicated by cyanide poisoning
- Clostridial myonecrosis (gas gangrene)
- Crush injury, compartment syndrome and other acute traumatic ischemia
- Decompression sickness
- Intracranial abscess
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections (subcutaneous tissue, muscle, fascia)
- Osteomyelitis (refractory)
- Radiation tissue damage (osteoradionecrosis, soft tissue radionecrosis)
- Selected problem wounds ex. Chronic diabetic wounds
- Severe blood loss (anemia)
- Skin graft and flaps (compromised)
- Thermal burns
- Idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss
- Private Treatment room
- Hyperbaric Chamber ( mono chamber)
During the treatment, the patient lies in a body-length transparent tube with a doctor or nurse right outside within visual contact. A two-way radio allows the patient to speak with people outside the tube.