Organizing treatment at Bumrungrad is easy. The following is a step-by-step guide from appointments to admissions.
Making an appointment is the necessary first step. You can do this several ways.
Our appointment officers will provide you with appointment dates and times as well as provide you with costing information for the services you require.
Once you've arrived at the Hospital:
Forms & Registration
All new patients need to register upon entering the hospital. To expedite this process, you are encouraged to complete the registration form in advance and bring it to the hospital.
Note that the form will open in a new browser window. It is in PDF format and you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.
Complete the form(s) and fax to +66 (0)2 667 1214, or scan and email to us.
You are kindly asked to present yourself at the International Patient Center on the 10th floor of the Bumrungrad outpatient building (the taller building) to collect your hospital registration card and to confirm your appointment date and time. The International Patient Center staff will then direct you to the appropriate clinic in time for your consultation.
Your physician consultation is very important, because it is the moment when you can discuss your medical issues face-to-face with your doctor. If you are traveling from overseas, this will be the first time you meet with your doctor so it critical that he/she understands:
- Your medical needs
- Your expectations
- Your medical history
You will have a lot of questions to ask, so preparation is key to make the most of your consultation. We suggest that you:
- Write your questions down to make sure you remember them
- Come with your medical history/survey already completed
- Bring any photos or visuals aids that will help explain what it is you want or expect from treatment
Note: have a look at our frequently asked questions section - you may also want to clarify some of these points with your surgeon.
Prior to admissions and surgery, your physician will require you to undergo laboratory investigations and/or diagnostic examinations to ensure that you are fit for surgery.
These tests are standard hospital procedure and they do incur a cost. Some packages include pre-surgical tests and diagnostics as part of the total package price, while others do not. Please consult your physician.
Admission and Payment
If you are having in-patient medical services, you are required to go through an admissions process. The admissions desk is located on the 2nd floor of the main hospital building. If you are having an outpatient medical service, you can simply go to the clinic where the service will be provided.
Our staff is on hand to help you complete requisite consent forms, coordinate your room assignment and answer any questions you might have before being shown to your room.
At admissions, you will be required to pay a deposit for your medical treatment. The standard deposit is 100% of the estimated procedure cost.
For a detailed list of payment methods, please see our Payment Options page.
If you intend to use insurance to pay for your medical treatment, please be aware of the following:
- Normally, private insurance DOES NOT cover cosmetic surgery or medical procedures deemed ‘elective’, especially if you are traveling overseas for treatment. Read your policy carefully to see if your medical expenses are reimbursable.
- If your insurer agrees to pay for treatment, it will need to supply you with a letter of guarantee (to give to the hospital), detailing the terms and conditions of coverage.
- If Bumrungrad International has an established agreement with your insurer, then payment conditions will be determined by that agreement. If not, you will be asked to pay for treatment first and then submit a claim to your insurer for reimbursement.
- Packages and Promotions: These are not available for patients who are using insurance to pay for their procedures. Package and promotional pricing is available only to those patients that self-pay for their procedures.