Bumrungrad International Hospital hosts the 37th International Full-Endospine Workshop in Bangkok
Bangkok – The Bumrungrad Spine Institute, led by Dr. Verapan Kuansongtham (4th from right) and Bumrungrad’s senior executives, together with an executive team from St. Anna Hospital, Germany, recently organized The 37th Live Surgery and Lecture of International Training Course for Full – Endoscopic Operations of the Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical Spine. Surgeons across Asia actively participated in the workshop at Bumrungrad International Hospital.
Photo: from left to right
- Mr. Dirk Goethel - Head of Product Marketing Spine Surgery, Richard Wolf GmbH, Knittlingen, Germany
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Somsak Chaovisitsaree - Medical Director at Bumrungrad International
- Mr. Dennis Brown - Corporate CEO at Bumrungrad International
- Prof. Dr. Sebastian Ruetten - Director of the Surgical and Pain Therapy Center, St. Anna Hospital, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Sinn Anuras - Group Medical Director at Bumrungrad International
- Dr. Verapan Kuansongtham - Director of the Bumrungrad Spine Institute
- Dr. Withawin Kesornsak - Spine Surgeon at Bumrungrad International
- Ms. Jiraporn Lekdumrongsak - Chief Nursing Officer at Bumrungrad International
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Thanet Wattanawong - Spine Surgeon at Bumrungrad International
Bumrungrad International Hospital Pushes the Boundaries of Healthcare to Excellence
Dr. Koonlawee Nademanee (2nd from right), world-renowned cardiologist specializing in cardiac electrophysiology, and Director of the Pacific Rim Electrophysiology Research Institute in Los Angeles, California – as well as an electrophysiologist at Bumrungrad International Hospital’s Arrhythmia Center – together with an executive team of heart disease experts from Bumrungrad International Hospital and a number of other leading international heart institutes, joined in on the opening ceremony for the operational conference titled “Genetic, Diagnosis and Treatment of Brugada and Early Repolarization or Brugada Syndrome, held at Bumrungrad International.
The conference aimed to train medical staff in heart disease from Thailand, the United States, Europe, and other Asian countries to acquire state-of-the-art knowledge and improve medical care to achieve consistent excellence in quality and safety.
Photo: from left to right
- Prof. Dr. Peng-Sheng Chen - Editor-in-Chief, Heart Rhythm Journal; Medtronic Zipes Chair in Cardiology, Director, Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Chief, Division of Cardiology and Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Elijah Behr MA MBBS MD FRCP, Honorary Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist Cardiology Clinical Academic Group, St. George's, University of London, St. George's University Hospitals NHS.
- Arthur Wilde, MD, PhD – Heart Centre Academic Medical Centre, Director and Professor of Cardiology, and Chair of the Department of Clinical and Experimental Cardiology, University of Amsterdam
- Dr. Koonlawee Nademanee, World-renowned Cardiologist and Director of the Pacific Rim Electrophysiology Research Institute and an Electrophysiologist at Bumrungrad.
- Prof. Dr. Sinn Anuras, Group Medical Director at Bumrungrad International
- Akihiko Nogami, MD, PhD - Professor of Medicine Cardiovascular Division, University of Tsukuba
Saving the lives of children with congenital heart defects with a gift to “Rak Jai Thai”
Since 2003, the “Rak Jai Thai” program has provided no-cost heart surgeries to over 724 children with congenital heart disease.
Rak Jai Thai, established by Bumrungrad International Hospital and The Bumrungrad Hospital Foundation, in conjunction with the Cardiac Children Foundation of Thailand under the Royal Patronage of HRH Princess Galyanivadhana Krom Luang Naradhiwas Rajanagarindra, is a charity program to provide no-cost heart surgeries for underprivileged Thai children. The average cost of surgery per case is about 550,000 baht.
To support the program, please make out donations by check or bank transfer to the Bumrungrad Hospital Foundation (Bangkok Bank savings account # 197-0-111157, North Nana branch). Please fax a copy of your bank transfer confirmation receipt to Bumrungrad’s accounting department at 0 2667 2031. For more information, please contact 0 2667 1398.
Additionally, you can help these children by purchasing products at the Lahn Nam Jai shops, operated by the Bumrungrad Hospital Foundation. The Lahn Nam Jai shops are located on the BI Hospital Building’s M floor and the BI Clinic’s G floor, open daily from 9.00 to 17.00 hrs.