Because of insurance company policies, there is a difference in the way we handle international insurance and local (Thai and expat) insurance.
Click on your category below to see insurance information:
- International Visitors: These are patients living in their country of birth, or expats without insurance supporting intentional medical travel
- Thai: Thais living in Thailand with Thai insurance - other Thais would be "International Visitors"
- Expat: These are expats living in Thailand
- Expat, Non-Thailand: These are expats living in other countries, with insurance plans that support intentional medical travel
- Package Procedures: Using insurance and Bumrungrad Packages
International Visitors (Intentional, Accidental, Complication Insurance)
International visitors are looking for insurance coverage which can fit into 3 categories:
"Intentional" Medical Travel Patients
- "Intentional" Medical Travel Procedures: Traveling for the explicit purpose of doing a procedure overseas
- "Accidental" Medical Travel Coverage: While on travel, you have an accident and need medical coverage
- Complication Insurance: Insurance in case of a complication resulting from a procedure
: There are almost no known insurance companies
that support "intentional
international medical travel". The only one we know about is Companion Global Healthcare, Inc. (http://www.companionglobalhealthcare.com/
Note: This has nothing to do with Bumrungrad International policies – this is entirely the choice of the insurance companies. In theory, Bumrungrad can support any insurance, as the patient needs to pay first and be reimbursed by the insurance company after the procedure. So the question is not if we accept the insurance, it is if the insurance company will reimburse you for the procedure. This is an important distinction to understand.
“Accidental” Medical Travel Coverage
: Many medical insurance policies support “accidental” medical treatment. For example, if you come to Thailand for business or holiday and have an accident while in the country, many policies will cover your treatment at Bumrungrad International. Please check with your insurance company for additional details before you travel.
As with the intentional medical travel coverage, this has nothing to do with Bumrungrad International policy – you need to check with your insurance company for additional details.
For accidental medical coverage, if your insurance company works with a medical assistance company that we have a contract with (e.g. International SOS, Mondial, etc.) then we can most likely work through them for direct billing.
You can see a list of the :
: This is insurance which will cover you in case of an unknown or unexpected complication which happens from an intentional procedure, elective or otherwise. For example, if you are normal and healthy and choose to have a plastic surgery procedure done, if there complications because of the surgery, you may be able to purchase (before the procedure is done) insurance which can handle this. However, as another example, if you have diabetes and have an elective surgery performed, and there are complications from the surgery but due to diabetes, the insurance will most likely not cover the cost of the complications.
There are two companies we have worked with in the past for complication insurance. These can be seen at:
Local: Thai, Expat and non-Thailand Expat
Direct Billing: Direct billing is when we charge the insurance company directly for the cost of your procedure. Many (not all) of the insurance companies we have contracts with will allow us to do direct billing. Otherwise, you will need to pay for the procedure first (usually with a deposit), and be reimbursed by your insurance company later. In addition, there may be differences in your plan depending on if you are having an Outpatient or Inpatient procedures.
You can see a list of companies we have direct billing contracts with:
However, please note you must contact your insurance company to determine if your benefits will allow for direct billing, and for what types of procedures.
Reimbursed Billing: For Thai and expat patients, many plans require you to pay first, and be reimbursed later.
Reimbursed billing will be the majority of billing methods for any insurance company we do not have a contract with.
Packages: Please note that procedure packages (e.g. Colonoscopy, CABG) are only available to self-pay patients. These packages are not available with insurance coverage.
International (Non-Thai Subsidiary) Direct Billing Contracts
- ADAC-Schutzbrief Versicherung
- Aetna Global Benefits
- Allianz Worldwide Care Limited.
- AXA Insurance (Gulf) B.S.C. (c)
- Baoviet Insurance Corporation
- BUPA International Ltd.
- Cigna International
- Claria Life and Health Insurance
- DavidShield International Medical Insurance
- Delaware American Life Insurance Company
- GlobalHealth Asia Limited
- GMC International Administration
- HCC Medical Insurance Services
- Healix International (FCO Healthline)
- HTH Worldwide Incorporated Medical Systems Ltd.
- InterGlobal Baoviet
- Interglobal International Health Insurance Danmarks A/S
- International Claims Services
- International Medical Group
- Liberty Insurance Limited
- MSH China Enterprise Service Co., Ltd.
- Pacific International
- Panoramic Insurance Brokerage (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Ping An Health Insurance Company Ltd.
- AXA PPP Health Care Limited
- Sompo Insurance (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Vanbreda International
- William Russell Ltd.
Thailand Company Direct Billing Contracts
- American International Assurance Co.,Ltd.
- Apex Health Insurance Co.,Ltd
- Ayudhya Allianz C.P. Life PCL
- Bangkok Insurance Public Company Limited.
- Bangkok Life Assurance Public Company Limited
- Bupa Health insurance ( Thailand ) Ltd.
- Chartis Insurance Co.Ltd
- Chubb Insurance Company (Thailand) Limited
- Deves Insurance Co.,Ltd.
- Dhipaya Insurance Public Co.,Ltd.
- Finansa Life Assurance Co., Ltd
- Generali Life Assurance (Thailand) Company Limited
- Health Benefit Consultants Co., Ltd.
- ING Life Insurance Co., Ltd
- Inter Partner Assistance
- Krung Thai Axa Life Insurance Co.,Lt.d.
- LMG Pacific Health Care Co.,Ltd.
- Manulife Insurance (Thailand) Public Company Limited
- Medilink-Global (Asia) Pte. Ltd
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co.,Ltd. ( PA & HEALTH )
- Mittare Insurance Co., Ltd.
- MSIG Insurance (Thailand)Co.,Ltd.
- Muang Thai Life Assurance Co.,Ltd.
- Navakij Insurance Public Company Limited
- NSI Health Care Public Company Limited
- Ocean Life Insurance Co.,Ltd.
- Prudential Life Assurance (Thailand) Public Company Limited
- QBE Insurance (Thailand)
- Safety Insurance Public Company Limited – New Petchburi Road Branch (NZI)
- SCB Life Assurance Public Company Limited
- Siam Commercial Samaggi Insurance Public Company Limited
- Siam Life Insurance Co.,Ltd.
- Siam Samsung Life Insurance Co.,Ltd.
- Southeast Life Insurance Co.,Ltd.
- Syn Mun Kong Insurance Public Company Limited
- Thai Health Insurance Co.,Ltd.
- Thai Life Insurance Co., Ltd.
- ThaiRe Services Co.,Ltd.(TPA)
- Thaisri Insurance Public Company Limited
- Thaivivat Insurance PCL
- Tokio Marine Life Insurance (Thailand) Public Company Limited
- Viriyah Insurance Co.,Ltd.
Assistance Company Contracts
- Assistance Alliance (International) Co., Ltd
- Akeso Care Management, Inc.
- AP Companies
- Asia Assistance Partners
- Asia Medical Assistance
- Asian Assistance ( Thailand )Co., Ltd.
- Assist International Services Co.,Ltd.
- Assistance Online PTE Ltd.
- AXA Assistance Co.,Ltd.
- Cega Group Services Limited
- Class Assistance
- CMN Inc.
- Compagnie Generale Du Siam Ltd.
- Customer Care Pty Ltd
- Cost Containment Accident & Health International Pty Ltd
- Emergency Assistance Japan
- Essential Healthcare Network
- Euro-Center Holding As C/O Euro Center (Thailand) Ltd.
- EuroCross Emergency Center ( Belgium )
- Eurocross International (The Netherland)
- Express Assist Center
- Firstassist Group Limited International Claims Department
- Global Voyager Assistance
- Inter Mutuelles Assistance G.I.E.
- International Medical Assistance
- International SOS Services (Thailand) Ltd.
- Malteser Hilfsdienst gGmbH
- MEDEX Assistance Corporation Co.,Ltd.
- Medgate AG Assistance
- Mitsui Sumimoto Insurance
- European Benefits Administrators.
- Mondial Assistance USA
- Mondial Assistance (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.
- Mutuelle Des Patentes Et Liberaux (MPL)
- Northcott Global Solutions
- Prestige International
- Quality Health Management
- Quest Diagnostics
- Seven Corners, Inc.
- Siam Land Flying Co.,Ltd.
- SOS International Assistance Ltd.
- SOS International (The Netherland)
- Takecare Insurance Company, Inc.
- Tejani Emergency Assistance
- Tokyo Marine & Nichida Fire Insurance Co, Ltd.
- Travel Guard Asia Pacific