The Bumrungrad Heart Center employs comprehensive, holistic approaches to heart health ranging from prevention and early detection, to diagnosis, treatment, heart surgery and rehabilitation.
More than 30 of the Center’s specialists have studied in such countries as the US, UK, Canada Australia and Belgium. They include medicine-based doctors, endovascular specialists, heart surgeons, cardiac rehabilitation professionals, as well as subspecialists such as pediatric cardiologists. With Bumrungrad’s international patient base, these doctors have seen complicated heart cases from nearly every country in the world.
Our doctors are paired with over 100 expertly trained nurses, plus pharmacists and dieticians. And with 10 years of American-based JCI accreditation, our team’s processes are verified to be at or above international standards for diagnosing and treating cardiac conditions.
We see over 3,000 cardiac cases a month, of which approximately 1,000 are non-invasive procedures such as echocardiograms. On top of this, we perform over 100 endovascular procedures monthly.
Cardiac Diagnostic Investigations
Over 15 different technologies are used to diagnose heart conditions, not including blood tests. Some examples are:
- 24-hour Holter (EKG) monitoring
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization (coronary angiogram)
- Carotid angiography
- MRI angiography
- Dobutamine stress echocardiogram (for patients unable to exercise on a treadmill)
- Echocardiography & exercise echocardiography
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Electrophysiology testing (arrhythmia)
- Event monitoring
- Exercise stress testing
- Myocardial biopsy
- Nuclear cardiology (including stress thallium test)
- TEE - Transesophageal echocardiography (multi-plane)
- Tilt table testing
For hard-to-diagnose or intermittent conditions, we have a cardiac event monitoring program which allows you to check your heart condition as it happens, at work or at home.
Cardiac Treatment & Heart Surgery
Bumrungrad is dedicated to patient safety and care.
The first 90 minutes after a cardiac emergency are the most critical for long term effects on the heart. We were the first Thai hospital to introduce 24 hour emergency cardiac intervention with set doctor guidelines.
With our “door to balloon” program, a specialist will be at the hospital within 30 minutes to perform a PTCA, and can perform a full balloon angioplasty within 90 minutes.
- 24-hour emergency cardiac intervention (PTCA)
- AICD (automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillator)
- Carotid angioplasty
- Congenital heart disease treatment
- Coronary artery stenting
- Electrophysiology (arrhythmia) treatment including ablation
- Pacemaker implantation
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA): balloon angioplasty
- Valvuloplasty (balloon valve treatment)
Cardiothoracic (Heart & Chest) Surgery
- Abdominal or thoracic aortic aneurysm surgery
- Atrial septal defect (ASD): closure
- Cardiac anesthesiology
- Cardiac Intensive Care
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) open heart surgery
- External (temporary) pacemaker
- Heart transplant
- Heart/lung transplant surgery
- International standard cardiac monitoring
- Intra-aortic balloon pump
- Neotatal and pediatric cardiac surgery
- Remote telemetry unit
- Valve replacement surgery
Heart Center Surgical and Investigative Facilities
- Cardiac catheterization laboratories (2)
- Cardiac surgery operating theaters (2)
- Cardiac telemetry monitoring unit
- Electrophysiology laboratory
- Fourteen-bed dedicated coronary care unit (CCU)
- Non-invasive Cardiac Testing Center
- Nuclear cardiology
- Outpatient Consultation Center
Monday through Sunday 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
Bumrungrad International Clinic (BIC), 14th floor.
33 Sukhumvit 3 (Soi Nana Nua), Wattana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 2667 2847
Fax: +66 (0) 2667 2915